Before you can export, you need to map accounts. If you want to match Employee Department with Job, the Department Code (Menu: Settings > Departments) must match your Job Number (MYOB: Lists > Jobs).
- Go to Payrun Summary (page where you access payslips or submit STP) – Menu: Staff > Payroll > Find Payroll Run, then select one
- On Reports & STP section, click on Reports and in the drop-down, click on Export to MYOB.
- A text file (Payrol****.txt) should download.
- On the top menu, click File > Import/Export Assistant
- Select Import data and click next in bottom-right-hand corner
- Select General Journal Entries from the list and Browse for the text file you downloaded. Click Next
- Data is separated by : Tabs; The first line of the file contains: Headers or Labels. Both options should be selected by default. Click Next
- Click Auto Match: fields should populate. Click Next.
- On the next page, click Import. Wait until the process ends and review result and logs.
MYOB may change the process, names etc. Please contact us if you experience any problems.